Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day 34, My husband


This morning I went for a walk with my husband, and then we went to the gym together. Now,,, that may seem unexciting to you...even unworthy of note, but to me it was a momentary glimpse backwards---back to simpler times when we actually spent our weekends together. I have cluttered my life with so many "important things," that I sometimes take the "most important things" for granted. I am the absentee wife---wrapped up in worthy causes and good deeds---neglecting the "better part" of life sometimes. Fortunately, I am married to a man who appreciates all that I was, am, and aspire to become, all the while waiting for me to get through my next phase. I sometimes mourn the fact that I am not the girl I was when we first met. I'm 30 pounds heavier, with age spots, wrinkles, and gray hair, and as distracted as ever. Yet through it all, somehow, he still chooses to stick around. Could it be that he truly loves me as I am, and not merely as I used to be?

"An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets the more interested he is in her." Agatha Christie

Well, for my sake, let's hope Aggie is right :) Kudos to my honey---the man who stands beside me, behind me, and in front of me---depending on my needs at the moment.

And with all that,,, I think eventually we shall kill each other, either by loving each other to death or by irritating each other to death! No one has ever gotten under my skin the way he has. Take that however you want. Either way, he has given me the best ten years of my life...and who knows, the best may still be yet to come :)

No comments: