Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 461, Welcome Home

Figured I'd post an update on the house situation . . . Won't tell you about the fiasco of moving, PAINTING, and unpacking yet.  It's memory is still too painful.  Ask my children, they will attest.  Pour Raechel and Andrew who came home for a visit, hoping to enjoy some R & R and the 4th of July holiday weekend.  They ended up working their tails off trying to get our old house ready for the renters.  I discovered that Raechel is quite limber when I say her doing the one-legged limbo upside down while painting our upstairs bathroom.  Quite impressive~!!  I will say this, however, if it weren't for the army of angels who showed up to help us, there is no way we could have made it through.  We were blessed with these angels on several occasions; I will forever be grateful for their great service on behalf of our family.  We definitely felt the Lord's love at every turn.  God bless you all for giving up so much of your time to help us~!!

We had our final walk-through on June 15th.... Wow, has it been a month already?  Unbelievable~!!  Lennar greeted us with baloons, treats, and the red carpet treatment.  Very cool.

Now, I realize this is a bit pre-mature, but this is how my mind works . . . unfortunately for my family.  I am looking at my new home and thinking of how it's going to look after we have the concrete poured and plant our own trees and landscaping flowers . . .  and then the thought occurs to me . . . Good grief~~!!  How am I going to get Christmas lights on the tall part of the roof?  I am quite certain this will be a challenge.  I wonder if they will release Taylor for a week from his mission to come home and help me???  Yeah, probably not.  Am I pathetic, or what?  (Please don't answer that).

 Okay . . . These are a couple of comparison shots of the model home and our home.  Above is a view of the kitchen in the model (taken from the family room).  And this is our version of the same.

 This is one of my favorite shots.  I absolutely love our kitchen~!!!  Even though our fridge sticks out like an overgrown tooth.  I got used to it after a couple days.  Secretly, I figure that some day I will get one that fits perfectly . . . and this will become the garage fridge.  But please don't tell Ron that I said that.  I don't think his nerves could take it ;-)
This is a shot of one side of the family room . . . We call this the accent wall.  We chose blue instead of the orange color in the model (below).  Right now, this wall looks way to rigid for my taste... too symmetrical I'm guessing.  So , , , if any of you have a suggestion for how I can soften the server display and make this wall more appealing, I would love your suggestions.  It is definitely a work in progress.

Our house . . . vs. the model (below).

That's all for this round.  I have pictures of the other rooms, but I am waiting until the window treatments are added before I do my before/after shots and compare them to the model.

So, for now, suffice it to say that we are very happy to be here.  It will take a long time to finish unpacking, decorating, and landscaping, but as with everything, this is a work in progress.  Regardless, this place felt like home from the very first night we stayed here . . . Welcome home~!!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny, on one of the evenings while I was home, Andrew and I were on the porch and I said to him, "Man, how are they going to put up Christmas lights?" haha.

Also, I do have an idea for the accent wall and how to make it less rigid. In one of the corners, put a large ground vase with a very tall arrangement of some sort. Will send a follow up picture so you know what I mean.