Saturday, July 24, 2010

Day 345, Got Snuba?

Okay, I never heard of this before until my brother told me about it....a cross between scuba diving and snorkeling....called snuba. Today Ron and I signed up for the Lani Kai cruise to Molokini Island for a snorkeling adventure, and we both decided to give snuba a try. I almost chickened out....Seriously, I almost started crying, and I wanted to throw up in the beginning. I was scared to death..... but after a compelling self-talk conference, which took place in my mind, I convinced myself to try. It took about ten minutes for me to relax and enjoy the experience, but once I did, it was awesome. Don't ask me what kind of fish we saw.... I was too busy breathing, watching our guide, and keeping myself equalized to pay attention. Thank goodness our guide took a bazillion pictures.
By the end of the dive, I realized that this was one of the coolest things I've ever done. And yes, the water really was that blue... unbelievable, isn't it?
Awesome!

Tomorrow I'll tell you about our luau at the Royal La Haina....... It was great!

Have I mentioned that I love Hawaii?

No comments: