Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 462, But Who's Counting Anyway?

No, it's not Hawaii, it's Carlsbad.  And no, I did not go to the beach today.  In fact, I only made it to the beach two times this summer---I was a little busy, as you know.  I love the beach.  I love the breeze that comes off the ocean in the afternoons.  I love the way the sunset dances across the waves.  I love the rythmic sound of the tide as it comes in and rolls back out.  I love the smell of moisture and salt in the air.  Just being there makes me relax---I mean completely relax---mentally, physically, and emotionally.  That is just one reason why I cannot wait to return to Hawaii next summer. 

For now, I shall give you a glimpse into my new position as assistant principal of alternative education.  Hahahaha....It is an adventure for sure.  We've had three days of school.  In those three days, we've dealt with a marijuana bust, kids jumping over the fence---AWOL---cigarette smoking, more cell phone violations than I can count, an expulsion hearing, teenage attitudes, and a string of "F" bombs that put British films to shame.  All in a day's work :-)  And you know what?  I love it.  Not the attitude and the discipline, but being back at a site with kids and teachers.  I have had so much fun in the past two weeks; I am truly love what I do. 

Perhaps now that things are settling down---the move is over and we are back into the routine of work---I will be able to update my blog more often.  Better yet, my publisher says I need to get crackin' on my sequel.  Not only do they want the first chapter, like yesterday!!!!!, but they want detailed synopsi of both sequels.  I need to buckle down and get to work. 

One more thing.  I worked out five days out of seven last week.  Yay me.  I also gained 3 pounds in the process.  Hmmmm.  I don't think that was supposed to happen.  And by the way, just so you know, I did a yoga class.  Hahaha.... There is nothing natural about yoga.  If God intended for my leg to twist around my back and across my ear, surely he would have gave me legs without bones.  I'm just sayin' --- It ain't natural.  But it feels so good when you're done~!!

1 comment:

judi said...

hahhahaahhhaa yeah for yoga! I need to see this to believe... hmmm yeay I'm glad you like your job:) you are the best man for the job lol.