Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 63, Here's to Your Health

"The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not." ~ Mark Twain

So much for the saying, "Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow you may die." Apparently, that is true after all.


I suppose that means that the pile of candy corn I happily nibbled on tonight was a bad idea. Hmm. I was looking at my 10 goals I set when I first started this blog,,, oops. I'm not doing so well. Not to worry...there are still ten months to go. Hey, that's 2 pounds a month.... I can do that, right? Sure sure.

Today I found out my oldest daughter has the swine flu. Ugh~!! Poor thing. She is 700 miles away from home, so there is nothing I can do for her. That's one of the down-sides when the baby chicks leave the nest. My mom has a sure-fire cure for all colds and flues...Grandma's homemade stew! There is nothing like it in the world. I have finally figured out how to make mine taste like hers, much to the delight of dear ole Dad :) Get well soon, Raechel....---I promise, no pig jokes, really. ... Cuz that would just be wrong. Oink.

What can I say?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's alright. The doctor, when he was checking me, asked if I've been having any random cravings for bacon lately. That was before he told me he thought I had swine flu, so I didn't get it. I thought he was just trying to be a funny old man. His name is Jimmy Stewart, after all.

The Rejection Queen said...

Hi. I hope your daugther feels better. This swine flu thing is horrible!