Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 441, Something People Seem to Compliment You the Most On

Golly, this would have been much easier to answer 30 years ago ~~! Back then, I was complimented most on my flat stomach. Bah Hah Hah~~~!! Sadly, not anymore. Back then, I was complimented on having long, pretty eyelashes. Ugh! Yeah. Not so much after passing age 40. Back then, I was complimented on my ability to learn new things quickly. That was before technology. Back then, I was complimented on my piano playing---that was back when I actually played more than once a month.

Oh, I'm not feeling sorry for myself. This is just the effects of the passages of time.

Here are a couple things I get complimented on now-a-days:

(1) My beautiful children---This really has nothing to do with "me" per say, but it is my most favorite compliment.


(2) My organ playing---I play loud, and apparently it helps keep people awake during church :-)

(3) My ability to teach---both in secular and spiritual settings. I give all the credit to God.

(4) The softness of my skin---Yes! I am a Jergen's girl all the way. I used to pretend I was doing commercial for them when I was young. Who knew I would still be a Jergen's girl some 40 years later? Ron loves my skin.... And I LOVE that he does~~! I admit, it really IS soft :-)


(5) My enthusiasm. Kelli Sunderland calls them camera moments. Click, click~@! Sometimes it is very contagious.

(6) Writing a novel and getting it published. I'm pretty excited about this. Let's hope the reviewers find it worthy of a compliment.

Some things I will likely NEVER be complimented on:

(1) My driving
(2) My ADD
(3) RAKs --- (Yeah, you know, those random acts of kindness that I suck at!!)
(4) My driving (It really is worth two mentions.)
(5) My closets and drawers (Look out!! It's dangerous in there~~!@+!)

I suppose it is all about balance, right? Ya win some. Ya lose some.

I can live with that.

No comments: