Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 16, 349 to go

Every rejection I receive from an agent is proof that I have faith in my book--because every rejection is evidence that I DID something...and did not just sit around and wish I had an agent. I know in time the right match will be made. Meanwhile, I will continue with the process. I look forward to the day when my book(s) are available on the shelves of Barnes & Noble and Borders. ... Oh yeah, and in my school library, of course :)

Quote for the night: "It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not." Andre Gide. This brings me to my Planet "M" story of the day...

Planet "M"--Today I did something I have never done before...I barked at the counselors. I heard a rumor that I was to receive yet another student in my advisement, which is already ten over the legal limit. I marched into the counselor's corridor and rather impolitely voiced my disapproval. Could I have handled that better? Yup. I don't think I was liked very much today. Truth is, I would have a hard time giving up ten of my advisement students... legal limit or not.

No comments: