Monday, August 17, 2009

Day 8, 357 to go

So Ellen, my 14 year old, tells me she has finally experienced the runner's high when she runs. In all my years, I've never experienced that...not unless you call that state between dizzy and unconscious a "high." I tried to run tonight...Let's face it, I am ridiculously weak and pathetically out of shape. My legs hurt, my stomach hurt, my lungs hurt,,, heck, even my teeth hurt. Am I just insane for trying to do this?

Good news for the rejection queen... she received a request for her manuscript from a literary agency. That's big news for writers. Way to go Jenny!

From Planet M---Gotta love those new 6th graders! There is always one with deer-in-the-headlight eyes...totally lost. They look up at you, afraid to utter a sound, and reluctantly hand you their schedule--hoping of course that you can read their mind and point them in the right direction. Ah, the rites of passage!

Tip of the day: Use car wax on your white board. Two coats will keep away unwanted residue from your expo dry erase markers. Compliments of Kelly Manzani.

No comments: