Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 52

Oooh look,,, a deck of cards :) Whoa yeah!

Been thinking about  GPS devices...actually, I read an article that likened them to our internal GPS system..... you know, it's that little voice inside our head that tells us where we are, and how to get to where we want to go. The problem is I always seem to second guess that little voice. If our internal GPS is programmed correctly, then it not only tells us how to reach our desired destination, it also tells us the best route for the journey. So why do I second guess it? Why deviate from the course? That little voice in my head is always having to "recalculate settings" in order to get me back on track.... And sometimes, I end up so far out of bounds that I lose the signal altogether. Why do I do that?  I've been told what to do about my book, why don't I just do it? In the profound words of my brilliant children, I must say, "I don't know!" ---- and I must say it with that sing-songy voice that makes me want to pinch their lips together :)

Planet "M"---My students had a substitute teacher today, Mr. Saeger. I am anxious to find out how it went. When you ask kids, their responses are always very interesting. Good for a chuckle.

No comments: