Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 96, Gotta love those family traditions



Mogie Pogie Puddin Pie... Kissed the girls and made them cry....
This is my big brother before he got beat at Dominos...again. Maybe he's sandbagging....huh? You can't trust those Oregonians :) I made both my brothers listen to Patti Page's 1955 Christmas album.... just for nostalgia sake. If you haven't heard, "I Wanna Go Skating With Willie," and "Where Did My Snowman Go," then you have not truly experienced Christmas. Then of course there's the "Mama Papa Doll" song.... which is just over the top. Ah, childhood. Lots of memories of sitting with my little brother (Wes of the band, "ToeHead",) trying to figure out just exactly where the snowman DID go.... And Morgan trying to figure out why Willie drives me Willie Nillie. But the best two songs on the entire album are "Pretty Snowflakes" and "That's Christmas to Me." Those are the songs that make my 89-year-old Dad....... God love him.... sentimental to the point of leaving the room. There's a lot to be said for family traditions. They are the things memories are made of.

I love my family.
Here's hoping my own children will carry on the traditions of yester-year.

What are your favorite holiday traditions? Share them on my blog.... I would love to read about them.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

pretty snowflakes pretty snowflakes falling down from the sky, how I wonder where they come from as they flutter by (or something like that). I really do want a copy of that CD. I loved those songs when I was little. ESPECIALLY Skating with Willie!

Mindy Morgan said...

Ron made a copy for you... so you can carry on the tradition :) Be sure to share the wealth with your friends:o)