Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 127, Give me an "E"! Give me an "R"! "E", "R", "E", "R", Goooooo Sleepless!

Sure sure... lame title, but I don't care. I spent all night sitting in the ER with my 85 year-old mother and my 89 year-old father....Waiting... Waiting..... and Waiting. And my  better half made cozy in the waiting room, cuz there was no room for him in the inn. Sigh.

I had planned to blame my broken mirror on the suspciously negative haps lately, but then I thought about it, and what I've actually had is a streak of GOOD luck. My son was miraculously not seriously hurt in the wreck that could easily have killed him....or someone else, and my dad has a case of double-pneumonia....not heart failure. See? Good luck! So, break a mirror everyone! My husband, the superstitious soul that he is, actually broke a mirror himself, but he doesn't know it. You see, he ran over (and obliterated) my rotating reflector mirror. So the way I see it, between us, we have 14 years of good luck to look forward to now ;) Yes, it's nice to live in my little world.

In Vegas, I can stay up all night, and never notice. But that's Vegas. Tonight, all I want is my pillow and my blanket.

Dare I say it? Only two more days until Christmas vacation! Yeah??? I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh sorry I hope your parents are ok...