Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 155, Self Control---For the Love!!

Here's the daily dose of Jane, compliments of Jen. It's so nice to see her smile.

Today's message is about self control. Interestingly enough, there was no quote in my quote bank on this topic. Deja-Vu. Hmmm. Maybe self-control isn't all it's cracked up to be. I had some today. I went to Rosa's Cafe for the Taco Tuesday special. I wanted a coke soooooo bad, and I was working every angle to convince myself to get one. In the end, I asked for a cup of water. Blech. That is probably a first for me... because I dearly love fresh, cold, fountain coke....especially the ones with crushed ice.... omg! I would break my arm patting myself on the back, if it weren't for the homemade carmel and two pieces of See's candy I had after I ate the 3 tacos. What IS wrong with me???? JUST SAY NO!!! ---For the love of gold! Oh wait, this was supposed to be about self-control, wasn't it? As you can see, I am about as successful at self-control as I am performing RAKs. ... And we all know what that means.

I tried to do an RAK tonight. It was silly, but I was going to get home before Ron, set up the dinner trays, put the cats in the laundry room, and then call him to let him know that he didn't have to worry about the little tiger monsters, but could just pull straight into the garage. That may seem lame to you....but it is a royal pain in the rear to try and get our cars into or out of the garage with Jeckyl and Hyde on the prowl. As it happened, Ron beat me home by about 30 seconds...and HE is the one who took care of the cats so I could park in the garage,,,, once again, HE is the one who gets credit for the RAK tonight. Dang.
I did watch kelly's students after school during homework club....but I can't count that because I owed her for taking my after school detention last week.

Why is it so difficult to remember to do acts of kindness for others? I have 210 days to figure it out and master the art of kindness. LOL... I couldn't even type that without my fingers chuckling. Pathetic.

No comments: