Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 173, Sayonara Sunday

Home at last. Is there ever a feeling that compares to coming home? Of course, there are sweeter memories....like my wedding day or holding my babies....but there is a serene comfort and satisfaction in coming home when you've been gone. The familiar squeak of my La-Z-Boy, the pungent smell of my dog's horrendous breath, the restful breathing of my napping husband---his chair a twin to mine, and the tumble of clothes drying in the dryer,,,,combine to create the feeling of satisfaction that this is where I belong. This is home.

Tonight we watched the movie, "Bright Star," the story of the poet, John Keats. If you enjoy period pieces, sensual, yet clean, romances, artistic scenery, and superior acting, then this movie is for you. Knowing it was based on actual events from his life, made it even better. What a powerfully romantic poet! And what a tragedy that he died never knowing how truly gifted he was, or how popular his writings would become. I wonder, does he know now? Has he viewed us from Heaven and seen his life immortalized through his poems? I would like to hope so.

RAK? I don't believe I shall take credit for any acts of kindness today----anything nice that I did is negated by the confrontation I had with a very rude woman while standing in line to get a waffle. She was rude and obnoxious, and rather than ignore her and be the peacemaker....I sort of provoked her...and I found pleasure in that provocation. I know, I know.... and on Sunday of all days! Could there be a worse way to break the Sabbath? Aghrrr! Maybe it's because I had too much caffeine the day before...could that be it? A very scary part of me wanted her to get in my face and start something.....just so I could ice her down. How mean it that? I surprised myself. And all that over a waffle? Surely not! I blame my husband, of course. Don't ask me why.... I figure as long as I'm being mean spirited....I'll take him down with me ;) "For better or worse," right honey?

Okay... There's a story behind that RAM (random act of meanness,) and when I have more energy, I'll tell you about it..... but knowing me, I'll forget. After all, who likes to parade their character flaws? Ah Sigh!

"Dear Lord, please bless the Pigmies down in......." Where do Pigmies live, anyway?

Hey, guess what? No news from the publisher. I'm shocked! Yet I continue to press forward, undaunted by rejections and silent treatment. I know the day will come. Meanwhile.... I just keep polishing my manuscript.... Every time I do, I know I am one step closer to publication. I feel it in my bones. This current edit, has really made me see my growth as a writer. I think I finally understand the finer skills of showing confidence in my readers and eliminating redundancies. I know the next draft will represent a far higher quality of writing than I have produced up till now....and that gives me a sense of pleasure and joy that, ironically, I cannot put into words. My confidence is building, so if this tortuous waiting does nothing more than increase my confidence in my ability, then it will be worth every bit of the torment. Growth is painful.

I know my book is almost ready. Almost. And when it gets "out there",,,, I will be proud of the end product.

No comments: