Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 174, Mojo Monday

Alliteration week is over, but I heard a quote from this Mojo guy.... I think you have to be an underage rap fan to know who he is.... but he said something on a television interview that struck me, and I wanted to include it in tonight's post. He said:

"When inspiration calls, you pick up the phone and give it directions to your house."

I figure that is what I did when the inspiration came to me to write my novel. I see this quote as a sort of sign that I did the right thing, and that I am on the right track in pursuing my dream of becoming a published author. There is so much more inside me---characters, stories, ideas, anecdotes---all swirling around in my mind in a continuous type of hovering....Just waiting for me to give them a more permanent home. There are times when I wish I could write full-time. Meanwhile, I press forward in my love of teaching,,,in hopes of leaving my mark in the world of education. Who knows, perhaps someday my two worlds will collide.

RAK? Today I was the recipient of an RAK. Jeanne Davis, our resident substitute teacher, spent all of 7th period testing batteries and bulbs in an attempt to find 5 working flashlights for me to use in my K12 professional development meeting at our district office. She volunteered without batting an eye, and saved me a great deal of work. Sadly, after testing four boxes of batteries (that's 80 batteries!!!) she found her efforts were all in vain. I ended up having to purchase new flashlights, but her act of kindness meant a lot to me.

Well... I'm off to work on  my editing....each night that I edit, I feel I am one step closer to publication.

Spin class tomorrow..... Whew HooO!

1 comment:

The Rejection Queen said...

Hey I'll be in Temecula the weekend of the 13th if you want to get together.