Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 200, Sleepy Saturday

Today I slept in until 10:30am! It was wonderful.... I'm not all that crazy about the nausea that has been my little side-kick for the past two days....but the extra rest has been a welcome change.... EVEN though I really wanted to go to Macy's today and get my "free" gift with purchase at the Lancome counter.

Look at this.... 200 posts in 200 days... I am only 165 days away from reaching my goal. Cool.

Today I started reading my book again....Even though I made a couple minor adjustments... it was the first time that I've read through the first 100 pages without finding something significant to change, cut, or add. That is either a sign that my manuscript is finally getting there... or I am past feeling. I prefer the former, thank you very much.

The Rejection Queen called me today. She was holding the proof of her novel in her hands. How cool is that? She tried to describe the feeling of holding a book in your hands, and seeing words that you wrote on the inside,, and your picture on the back. Wow! I dream of that day...What a blessing that will be! I am excited for her.....and more anxious than ever to get my book into the right hands.

RAK? Ron wins again. He went to Costco on a Saturday.... to help my mom and dad... and then he made a special trip to mail my cousin, Loretta's, planner to her, because I totally forgot to do it this past week. In my defense....I was sick and did not want to go to my parent's house and risk getting them sick. Still..... I totally dropped the ball... and Ron fixed it for me. That's a true RAK.

I shared my coke with Ellen... does that count? I put clean sheets on the bed,,,, how about that?

I watched the Time Traveler's Wife today. Sigh. I'm not even going to say it. I gave it a six.

1 comment:

Lisa Miles said...

Glad you're feeling better! Was that a 6 out of 10 on the movie? I've heard the book is much better, and it's on my list to read.