Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 303, School's Out For Summer...

"No more pencils, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks..." The kids went absolute nuts when we had the countdown in the MPR today. Wow, it was like an explosion. This was a year I hated to see end... but for me, it actually ended about 3 weeks ago,,,, so having that closure today was necessary. This is a group of students that I will miss. Now, my loyalties are no longer split; I have no "site" to distract my thoughts. I'm homeless, as teachers go. Odd. When I left my site today, I actually turned in  my keys for the first time in 7 years. It felt like a series finale. And so the door is officially closed on that chapter in my life. You know me, I hate closing doors.....On the other hand, I seem to enjoy opening them... and it appears, the more the merrier :) The future is out of my control now.

So, there you go.

Tonight we went to dinner with the Eichelbergers..... always a good time. They are awesome.

Oh... and somebody pee'd on our carpet.... I suspect one of the cats.... but I cannot prove it..... All I know for sure is it wasn't me.

Tomorrow we babysit Jane :) Yay!!

1 comment:

The Rejection Queen said...

If something happens, I owe you since you're the one who gave me the idea lol.