Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 344, Relaxing in Kihei

Today was a day of snorkeling and relaxing at our very own beach in Kihei. We needed a slow day after yesterday's tour of Oahu. We began early...jumped right in and practiceD snorkeling. To my total surprise and delight, we ventured out a little further and over to some rocky areas along the coast, (shown in the distance in this photo.) As we did, we spied several varieties of fish and colorful coral. It was amazing! I am shocked that I was actually able to do it. I think I was able to release some of my fear because I was distracted by the beauty of it all. Mind you, I was probably only in about 8-10 feet of water, but that was pretty deep for me. I kept thinking about how much my kids would enjoy this! I would love to bring them here some day.

These are a couple views from our balcony. Using my cell phoned, the beach appears a little further away than it actually is, but you can get the idea. We leave our parking lot, cross the street, and step onto the beach. Changing our room has made a huge difference in the enjoyment of our vacation. I'm so glad Ron was able to make that happen for us. It's surprising what a difference a view makes :)

Tomorrow we will be sailing on over the Molokini to do some "real" snorkeling, and if I can muster the courage, I will try snuba. I am praying for a sunny day, because when the clouds block the sun, the water looks dark and scary!!! So, please join me and pray for lots of sunshine tomorrow morning, ok? Believe it or not, I am quite nervous about our excursion.....but if I don't at least give it a try, I will always regret it. So,,,, I'm scared..... but I'm going to give it a whirl tomorrow. Stay tuned to find out how it went. Maybe I'll rent an underwater camera and take some pictures...??? Well, we'll see. (I put that last part in just for you, Ron ;)
Tonight, Ron took out a second mortgage on our house and bought some fresh fish. Then he made an amazing fish dinner.... Ono.... and a delicious fresh mango/pineapple salsa to go on top. It was yummy!! The pineapple here is definitely to die for.

Tune in tomorrow, for more updates. I am in Heaven!!!

No comments: