Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 354, A novel experience

I just finished reading my ninth novel of the summer. I don't know if that is my way of relaxing during vacation or avoiding working on my own novel. Oh, don't get me wrong,,, I want to work on it. I have been writing scenes in my mind for a couple months now, but it is so hard to start writing and then have to stop for whatever reason, so instead, I put it off until I can sit for long periods of time to work on it without distraction. Like that's going to happen, right? Truth is, the more I read, the more I feel like writing. It feels like a kind of longing. Meanwhile, I have my portraits ready to submit to the publisher...just waiting for them to tell me if they want actual prints or a disc. It's one more step towards publication. Before I know it, things will start moving. Cool, eh?

Did the Costco thing today. Whew! That is always an ordeal....and expensive. Why is it that we spend the same amount at Costco now, with basically only three of us living here, as we did when all the kids lived at home? Inflation is insane, don't you think?

Time to go to bed and let my mind drift to 1854 Pennsylvania and the story of Beth and Eleanor.

No comments: