Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 368, For You Raechel

I know, I know, technically, it's not day 368.... but I don't know what else to do... So?? Guess for Raechel I will just have to continue posting a blog a day. For how long? Who the heck knows? I'll just keep going.... I wonder if there's a record out there for the most consecutive daily blogs? Guess it wouldn't count because I would be off by about 4 or 5 days. But I need a purpose... I NEED A PURPOSE!!! Somebody give me a new blog goal. I must have goals! Aims. Goals. Objectives. I'm a teacher for the love of Pete....It's always about goals and objectives. I am having true blue withdrawls...no classroom to set up, no gradebook, no daily objective, no professional goals, no parent letters, no course syllabus. My feng shui is out of ki-whack.

Tonight I had dinner with the other half of Planet "M." Mrs. M and her family met us for Taco Tuesday at Rosa's Cafe... yum yum. I miss the magic that Kelli and I created last year. Every once in a while, the stars align just right, and something wonderful happens. That's how it was last year with the M&M team. It was, as I've mentioned before, the most fun I've ever had teaching. And apparently, the fun paid off, because my students scored higher than they ever had. Could this be evidence that Marzano is right when he says that students need to "play" with the content if you want them to retain it? I think so. I'm going to refer to last year as my Buddy Holly year. I was at the top of my game,,, and then the lights went out.

As for my new role? I am taking it one day at a time. I am not a "sit and wait for further instructions" type of person. I am very Type A.... I would rather forge ahead... even if I'm forging in the wrong the direction. I know this about me, because unlike a wise, patient person, if the path I'm on comes to a standstill, rather than sit and wait, I will take a detour---just so I can keep moving. I cannot stand to sit still! That's where I am now...taking a detour. It makes things a bit more interesting. Let's just hope I don't end up lost.

Stay the course Mindy. Stay the course.

Did I do anything kind today? Come to think of it, I did do a very small RAK. I sent a friendly note to someone I worked with last year... just to say hello and see how she was doing. It was random, and it was kind. It counts.

Here's a short term goal. Every day I will do something to improve my attitude and make my job more fun. Yep. That's a good goal.

No comments: