Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day 419: Countdown to my New Year's Resolution

I meant to include this picture in yesterday's blog... another of my "happy moments" on Christmas day. I am blessed with these two absolutely gorgeous daughters! I mean, just look at them!

Unfortunately, I did not have a new picture made of me with my two boys...that's a bummer, especially since Taylor will be gone for two years. I adore my little boys, who are not so little anymore!~! They make me laugh... and they seem to always know just the right buttons to push. This photo was taken when Andrew got home from his mission....Hard to believe he's been home for 3 months, and is already gone back to school. In two short weeks, Taylor will be gone too. I am going to miss my boys so much!
I miss them already.

There is nothing like having your children near. It's not that I need to be in the middle of everything they are doing, it's just knowing they are close by.... sometimes that's all I need.
How did they get so old? Just yesterday they were tiny. Now they are nearly all gone. I'm not sure I like that part of the plan. On the other hand, how will they ever know the joy that is mine unless they have children of their own? Hmmmm. Isn't that how it was in the Pre-existence? God wanted us to experience His joy, so he devised a plan... and here we are. More and more I glimpse how mortality is patterned after the world from which we all came. I can't help but wonder if I could ever possibly bring as much joy to my Heavenly Father as my children have brought to me. I imagine He finds joy in the same types of things we do as parents....seeing our kids grow up and make good life choices, seeing them serve and love each other, or seeing them strive to make each other smile. I believe that all the things that bring us joy as parents, also brings our Heavenly Father joy...only on a much grander scale beyond which I can possibly imagine.

So that leads me back to my failed goal of becoming a person who performs RAKs on a daily basis.

Momentarily forgotten? Yes. Worthy of another chance to get it right? Absolutely.

And thus the quest begins. Again.

Starting January 1st.

(That gives me two more days to be selfish.)

No comments: