Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 424: Furlough!

Work Reduction Days....That's how they are listed on our district's calendar. Days that you don't work....and don't get paid. It's a "nicer" way to cut somebody's pay....bottom line. The part they don't tell the public, is that we still have to do the same amount of work; we just have less time to do it. The result? We do the impossible; we really don't have any other choice.

The back-handed irony of it all, is that if and when the furlough days are lifted, it "feels" like a raise.
So how did I spend my furlough day? You're looking at it! It's my most favorite way of relaxing.... A beautiful pool, private jaccuzzi, warm sunshine, a gentle breeze, and nobody else around. Me. My book. My towel. And quiet. It's almost worth the amount of money I lost by not working yesterday.


The only thing that could have made it better was if my family was close by, enjoying the day as much as I was. That's a 5-Star day in my book.


How would you spend a furlough day?

No comments: