Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 423: Elder Logan, Part deux!

I've been working on a blog update for about a week now, but I can't seem to get it right...so I haven't posted it. I'm a little confused...now that I have two blogs...as to what I should say on which blog. So... I end up finger tied and saying nothing. So much of my personal life overlaps with my professional life that I have a difficult time separating the two.

Here's one update I don't need to over analyze. Yesterday, Taylor reported to the MTC and began his 2-year mission. It still has not sunk in to me that he is really gone. I've been comparing what it was like when Andrew reported to the MTC to how it feels now with Taylor. I recall the day Andrew reported very vividly... It was one of the most joyous days of my life. I was utterly overwhelmed with joy; there's just no other way to put it. I knew that he was fulfilling a life-long dream, and knowing that added to my happiness. Andrew was born determined that he would serve a mission---in fact, he came out of the womb holding a sign that said, "Future Missionary," and pretty much every decision he made was congruent to that goal.

Taylor is different. Taylor, who has an amazing ability to turn every hair on my head prematurally gray, had a unique kind of congruency. With him, I could never see beyond the here and now...beyond the moment. Each day was racked with the unknown. In my soul, I have always sensed he was a special spirit since before he was born, but at the same time, I couldn't help but worry about his future.

And here we are. He is a missionary. Letting him go was like severing a limb. It was extremely emotional for me.... joyful of course, but deeply emotional. I feel a little like Hannah in the Old Testament. I can sense Heavenly Father saying to me, "Mission accomplished. Thank you." That is a very comforting feeling as I turn my son over to the Lord.

I for one, am excited to see this boy grow during the next two years as he "blooms where he is planted." That saying, "Bloom where you are planted," is one I stole from the movie, "Facing the Giants," and I love it. It incapsulates so much of what I have been struggling with this year in bothh my personal and professional life.

But more on that later!! For now, it's Goodbye Taylor....Hello Elder Logan!

Here we go again!

1 comment:

Ashley Jaeger said...

I love this. Taylor is awesome for choosing to go serve a mission, I know you are very proud of his choice. Now let's watch your baby boy grow up :)