Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 430, Something I Hate About Myself.....

How is that for a headline?

I am taking up the challenge to do the "30 in 30" blog posts. It was a little bit of a let down once I met my blog a day for a year goal, and since then my posts have been spuratic at best. So,,, here goes.

Day One---The prompt is "Something you hate about yourself."

This is NOT getting off to a good start in my book. I mean, really..... I am almost 50 years old.... how is that prompt even fair? 

The truth is, the older I get, the less I find to "hate" about myself. I am just so grateful to be alive, healthy, and happy, that to focus on the negative makes me feel like I am whining. That said, something I hate about myself is that I forget the little things in life that mean so much to others.....like birthdays. I'm horrible at that! I have all the good intentions in the world---send a card, a note, a phone call, good grief---a text for pete's sake. It is the little things that let people know they are important to you, that you care, that you have their best interests at heat. I know this, but inevitably, I become so wrapped up in my own world, so focused on everything that is going on in "Mindyland," that I forget to put others first.

There is a scene in "It's a Wonderful Life" where Uncle Billy has to tie strings around his fingers in order to remember things, but he forgets what the strings are there for, and he ends up missing George and Mary's wedding. Whenever I see that scene, there is a little part of me that cringes. It just hits a little too close to home.

So yeah, that is one thing that I hate about myself.

Till next time....

No comments: