Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 452, Something You Wish You Hadn't Done in Your Life.

I wish I hadn't eaten that extra slice of pizza.
I wish I hadn't eaten that pound of candy.
I wish I hadn't watched "The Exorcist" when I was 12 years old.
I wish I hadn't snuck into my uncle's moonshine when I was 15 years old.
I wish I hadn't missed so many of my kids' sports games.

Why is my list so seemingly simple? Because most of the "bad" choices I made in my life, eventually led me to where I am today. I am the sum of all my experiences. I love my life today.....By changing something in my past, wouldn't I risk also changing the present? Instead, I say let's learn from our mistakes, enjoy the present, and look forward to the future.

1 comment:

judi said...

I wished I'd had money when I was first married to start drinking coke way back then... I wish I would've told my husband where to go way back in the day.... I wish I would've wore a bikini back when I could've and wasn't allowed to... I wish I would have flirted more and seen the world more and lived more before the ripe young age of 18! hahhahaaa