Sunday, August 23, 2009

Day 13, 352 to go

I am counting this as 8/22 because I began trying to post at 11:55 pm.... and because of technical glitches in my ancient, decrepid computer,,,, I couldn't get into the program until after midnight. So,,, technically I missed a day... but since I haven't gone to bed yet... it counts, gosh dernit. Well, there isn't anything to say... after all that moaning. Went to the beach today and collected rocks for my convection current smokers... and enjoyed getting to know my daughter's boyfriend. We initiated him into the family with a friendly game of dominos... We MAY have scared him off. I hope he doesn't sneak out in the middle of the night and run back to Utah.

Thought for the day:

"To teach is merely to fill a child's bucket; it requires action only on the part of the teacher. However, to educate is to illuminate, inspire, and empower a child. Rather than fill a vessel, it kindles a flame." Kathy DiRanna.

No comments: