Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 18, 347 to go

"There is joy in work. There is no happiness except in the realization that we have accomplished something"
Henry Ford

Sometimes, after a particularly great day of teaching, I experience the joy that Henry Ford is talking about. There is nothing, to me, that compares to the feeling that what I did during the day made a difference in somebody's life. In my case, it is the life of a child that I have the opportunity to impact. I believe it is every great teacher's dream to be a positive and moving force in their students' lives. So, call me an optimist or an idealist; I will wear the badge happily. And I won't tell you about the "other days" when I come home feeling like an old house dog... like I accomplished nothing of worth ....

Planet "M" -- Today I heard a hysterical story about a disgruntled parent who purposely placed sharp items in a parking lot so their ex would run over them and pop their tires. True story. Thankfully, this sort of thing would NEVER happen in a school parking lot ;) I got a million of these .... true stories that is, not sharp objects. We try to keep the sharp objects away from teachers. Some day, when I no longer need my teaching credential, I will write a book based on my assistant principal's experiences. If I didn't witness some of them with my own eyes, I would swear she was lying.

No comments: