Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 21, 344 to go

Hey... look at me... 3 weeks and still posting. Church was great...in spite of the fact that I botched the practice hymn on the organ. It's not like you can cover up a mistake on that instrument. Today we talked about the watchtower and building strong hedges to protect our families. I wonder sometimes about all the holes in my hedges.... Well, that didn't exactly come out right, did it? I mean it in all sincerity.

Talked to my cousin Jeri tonight... first time in a decade. Great to reconnect Jo :

Bully Pulpit Vent of the Month:
Okay... so I got a bit miffed this morning as I thought about all the anti-organized religion whiners and activist. It's fine if you don't like religion, but don't be so arrogantly ignorant (yup, I said it...) as to call it evil. Yup... humans have done horrific things since the beginning of humanity... some in the name of religion, some in the name of God, but mostly horrific acts are committed in the name ignorance, hate, or greed. So, at least admit that some organized religion has been good for our country... and good for the world. After all, it was organized religion first on the scence at Sri Lanka after the psunami...organized religion first on the scene at New Orleans after Katrina... first to offer relief to displaced fire victims, earthquake victims, flood victims, and so forth.... First on the scene of so many tragedies! And why are they there? To help Christians? No. But to bring relief to all people who are suffering. All the great relief efforts provided so efficiently and rapidly by religions throughout the country... could not happen without organization. And... for those of you who arrogantly put them down... I wonder how quickly you would welcome their organized efforts if you or your family were faced with a disaster. Hmmm.


Okay... that's my vent for the month. Tomorrow I'll be good.

No comments: