Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 22, 343 to go

Friends. It is likely we sometimes take them for granted. Yet the beauty in being a friend and in having a friend is an unwritten truth, which says, "All will be forgiven, for I understand, and if I do not understand, then let it suffice that I trust." I love my friends. Unconditionally. When I am discouraged or feeling like a failure in some area, my friends have the angelic ability to provide an alternative lense by which to view myself, along with the calm assurance that all is well.

"The only service a friend can really render is to keep up your courage by
holding up to you a mirror in which you can see a noble image of
yourself."
George Bernard Shaw 1856

I hope I might be the holder of such a mirror to my friends.

May each of us never forget that, "A faithful friend is a strong defense: and he that hath found such an one hath found a treasure." Ecclesiasticus 6:14.

Is it any surprise that it has been said, "He who has friends is rich?"

Planet "M" --Ah, we got our M&M characters on the wall today. They look great. Truly, there is an "M" in everyone. Good work kids!

No comments: