Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 23, 342 to go

Hurray, no more gray! Thanks to my amazing hair dresser. Thank goodness for modern science!

Tonight I browsed through www.finestquotes.com (compliments of Jenny @ http://rejectionqueen.blogspot.com ,) and I realized I could easily start with the first topic, continue for the entire year and never run out of possibilities for great quotes. I should make that one of my goals in the "365 days, 365 posts" challenge. What the heck, why not? Here's my quote for the night, I love this one... (perhaps because I read it on an empty stomach):

"There are three things to remember when teaching: know your stuff; know whom you are stuffing; and then stuff them elegantly." Lola May .

Why do I suddenly have a desire to eat Thanksgiving dinner?

Planet "M"---Today I asked my students if they know where the trend for saying "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah," began. You know the trend... the one that tells us to hurry up because the other party obviously already knows what we are going to say. Okay,,, guilty... I do it too. One of my Philipino students raised his hand and told me that in his language the word is, "Wah," and they do the same thing over there... "Wah, wha, wha, wha, wha." I don't know about you, but my mouth doesn't even work that way. Well, it's a fun joke in our class now. Ya gotta laugh!

No comments: