Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 25, 340 to go

My feet are killing me! One day I'm going to find me a foot masseuse who will massage my feet every single night. Ah, the thought of it makes me tingle all over.

The word of the day is "collaboration." Interestingly enough, among the thousands of quotes in my quote bank, there are none on this topic. Why do you suppose that is? I did, however, hear a noteworthy comment on the subject today---"The greatest problem with collaboration is that too often, groups "coBLABorate" rather than collaborate, and coBLABorating accomplishes very little."

"It seemed rather incongruous that in a society of supersophisticated communication, we often suffer from a shortage of listeners." Erma Bombeck

Listening is a huge part of true collaboration.

Planet "M"--Tonight was Back to School night. Thanks to all the parents who attended and listened to my sputterings. Whenever there is 30 minutes of material to cover in a 10 minute segment of time, I seem to babble insessantly, and I dance all over the material without ever landing into something concrete. Parents,,, if you are reading this,,, I promise this is not indicative of my teaching style.

Tomorrow is hot dog day in science--300 solar ovens all cooking hotdogs! Umm baby!

No comments: