Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 26, 339 to go

I smell like I took a bath in a Hoffy Hotdog pool of oil. And if I don't see another hotdog from now till I die, it will be too soon. Well, let's not be too theatrical... after all football season is upon us. And what's Monday Night Football without hotdogs? Still, nothing competes with 348 excited sixth graders hovering over solar hotdog ovens in 100 degree heat. Ohhh yeahh. Sigh.

Tonight I am hoping to finally sleep through the night--for the past 3 nights, I've awakened at 3:30am only to lie awake and play mind dump with my pillow.

Oh, and Saphire, if you're out there, please come home. Been looking for our lost cat for the past several days...and fear the worst has happened. She's such a beauty... and such a sweet cat. I keep hoping I will hear her meow in the middle of the night... perhaps that's why I can't sleep.

Planet "M"-- Everyone put your hands together and repeat after me... "THREE DAY WEEKEND!" I'm still waiting for my students to start bringing me M&Ms,,, but so far, they haven't caught on. I guess the M&M shirt, 3 M&M mugs, and M&M characters plastered all over the walls are just too subtle a hint :) I'll work on that.

No comments: