Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 31, 334 to go

Okay, that whole walking 4 miles or more a day... losing 20 pounds... training to run.... WELL,, it JUST AINT HAPPENING! I would love to blame the exceedingly hot weather we have had recently, but honestly I don't think that's the problem. I'm not giving up, I just don't have a plan that I can seem to stick to for more than a couple days at a time. There is always something to distract me. At this rate, I can't possibly look great at my 30th HS reunion!! It's only 3 weeks away.... um,, on my best behavior I couldn't lose 20 pounds by then. Heck... I couldn't lose 5 pounds by then. So... what the heck... have an icecream coke float!!! Mmmmm, that sounds so good right now!

"People often overestimate what they can reasonably achieve in a year. But they vastly underestimate what they can achieve in 5 years." Steve Pavlina

"Willpower is the spearhead of self-discipline." Steve Pavlina Are you kidding me? Self-discipline? I'm dead before I even begin!

Well, there it is. There were only three quotes on the topic of willpower on my finest quotes page. I think that says it all, eh?

Planet "M"-- No shortage of willpower there! Kids are full of it.... It's just not always focused in the most beneficial direction. But then, that's why they pay me the big bonus every year, right? Hey, I've got an original Monet to sell you too, if you're buying :)

No comments: