Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 44

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." ~ Maya Angelou

Today I was the assistant principal again...It's amazing how different people are...and how much they are the same. As AP, I have the opportunity to sit down and truly talk with kids. 95% of the time it is very enjoyable, even though the students are there because they're in trouble of some kind. Then there are some...and these will be in one of my books someday...that truly entertain me. They fall into the dategory of "Is this an audition for a TV reality show, or are you truly out of your mind?" Those are the ones where you earn your stripes. The best part of the job is when you successfully make a child feel that you are on their side and that you care. It is magic when that happens.

No comments: