Friday, September 25, 2009

Day 47

I'm afraid I over did it this week; I had "In-and-Out" twice! Yikes! With fries and coke even. At this rate, I will never shed those 20 pounds. I was doing so well, and I finally started to see the scales tip in the right direction, then... In-and-Out! What is wrong with me? There goes the neighborhood. This is too depressing, new topic!

I had a book recommended to me this week called Readacide. It is about how we have destroyed the love for reading in kids because of the emphasis on testing, analyzing, and breaking books apart--instead of just reading them. There's more to it than that, but that's it in a nutshell. I agree with the sentiment. As much as I enjoy analyzing literature, the love of reading is by far the greater good for society. I've only barely begun the book, so I will let you know what pearls of wisdom I stumble across. (I know, don't end a sentence with a preposition... I get it.)

"The person who deserves most pity is a lonesome one on a rainy day who doesn't know how to read." ~ Benjamin Franklin



Planet "M"---spent my entire prep period calming a disgruntled parent who was angry because her child was moved out of my class. Did you catch that? An entire period! Those are minutes of my life that I will never get back! I mean, come on... be reasonable. I'm not THAT good :)

Alright, my eyes are burning.... It's nearly 11:30, and I have to get up at 4:30am to take my daughter to her Cross Country meet. Whatever happened to sleeping in on Saturdays? What is with these sports teams? Don't even get me started on that, or I won't make my midnight deadline.

So what am I going to do about those two "In-and-Out" splurges?

No comments: