Saturday, September 26, 2009

Day 48

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." Henry Ford.

Is that the problem? Hmm... then I suppose the reason I am not 20 pounds lighter yet is because I keep seeing obstacles like rootbeer floats, nachos, "In-and-Out", and of course---there's my Coca Cola Classic! I'm just one of those people who don't get truly focused on a goal unless I see a possibility of achieving it. Well, I guess that's true except where my book is concerned. The world says that is an impossible goal, but I am still headstrong and committed about seeing it in print, and I have faith that it will happen.

Tonight I attended a women's conference and dinner with some of my friends. I don't make friends easily, but once I do, they are stuck with me forever. ... Either that, or they move away. I wonder what high school would have been like if I had spent more time nurturing friendships and less time worrying about the future. Ah, who cares. Life is so good now, that the past no longer holds my interest. That is an interesting place to be emotionally... and it feels good. Let's hope I still feel that way next weekend at my 30 year reunion. Should be fun... a bunch of old people trying to act (and look) young... dancing ridiculously to Cheap Trick, Chicago, Kiss, and Earth Wind & Fire. Yeah, that should be interesting.

Bed time for the ridiculously old lady :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well... I think I can answer that question for you. I spent more time in High School worried about nurturing friendships and NOT about the future... and now I have ONE good friend from high school that I ever even talk to. You did the right thing. High school sucks.