Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 76, If pride goeth before the fall, does humility precede a rise to the top?

Went to visit Jane Ellen today. She is such a sweet, beautiful baby. It is hard to see her struggle so much for every breath. She is not strong enough for her surgery yet...she's eating but not gaining weight. Her little body is just working so hard. Please keep her in your prayers...her's is a long, uphill battle. Watching Jane gives me a total sense of humility and reverence for life.

The weekend is coming to a close...and in a few hours I will begin a new week at Planet "M".... Weekends pass quickly, don't they? I just graded the science tests from Friday, and I wanted to cry. SIGH!!! I was so sure they were going to nail it! So much for my ego. :) My students keep me humble.

Sent off a couple more queries today....staying true to my 30-day plan. Talk about humility.... take a look at my pile of rejections! Trust me, literary agents and publishers have humbled me. You might say they have stripped me of my pride---lest I think too highly of myself :)

Humility. That seems to be the message for today.

"Life is a long lesson in humility." ~ James M. Barrie

No comments: