Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 79, Don't let the door hit you....

Another rejection arrived today...this one was a whole 5 days old. This one didn't even "carefully consider" my proposal; she just said "it's not for me," and of course the "Best of luck" catch all. Eh hmm. Yet another trophy for my box. Who was it that said writers have huge egos? Good grief! I think when I am officially published I shall insist upon having an inflated ego. By that time, I will certainly have earned it.

Planet "M"---Great day for science! Two density demonstrations that had the kids on the edge of their seats... literally! I love it when I see the look of amazement in their eyes. It makes my day :)

RAK? Um, I made chocolate pudding and served it to Ron and Ellen. Well, I guess it doesn't count if I served myself some too. Oh, here's one.... I shared an activity with my team of teachers today, one that saved a couple of them a lot of time and thought. Oh yeah,,, and I lent a listening ear to my partner who was up to her eyeballs in frustration with parent complaints. Ah, parents. That's a sitcom just waiting for a spot...or at least a stand up routine. Here's a message for all you parents out there.....We are not the enemy. We are here to help your child succeed in school. Contrary to popular myth, teachers are not looking for ways to sabotage your child's hopes and dreams of attending an Ivy League college. Believe it or not, we love to give "A"s .... to the students who earn them.

Tomorrow is our Relief Society Board Meeting... I get to talk about grapevines. That will be cool.

3 comments:

The Rejection Queen said...

Yup. My parents live 5 minutes away from there lol. Have you been to Yogurt Island over there? DELISH!

Mindy Morgan said...

I love Yogurt island :)

Mindy Morgan said...

See ya at 10 :)You'll recognize me.. I'm the one with the "hey, why won't anyone publish MY book" look on my face :)