Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 81, I've been slimed

Today is Friday, as you know,,,it's my favorite day of the week,,,but this one came with a bit of a twist. I attended my very first expulsion hearing this afternoon,,,quite intimidating I must confess. There are these really cool women out there who are so cooooool, that nothing gets to them. They take everything matter-of-factly, and nothing rattles their cage. I, of course, am not one of those women. I do not react well to intimidation or over-sized men who act like bullies. That was the case today. Scary part is, the father of the student involved is a cop....he carries a gun. I have sat in 3 meetings with this man, and he still claims not to know me and does his best to discredit my experience and position. Fine, I can take that... I've had a lot of practice with all those literary rejections this past year---helps strengthen my spine :) But this man gets hot under the collar and out of control. It frightens me to think what he might do one day with that gun. Wow. Having met him, I understand better why his son is having trouble at school. Anyhow, I get to do this again next Friday---so there will be some sleepless nights for me. I will have to take the witness stand next week. So.... that said, my wonderful Fridays now have a damper on them. Moment of silence please for my loss of Friday bliss. Sigh.
Tomorrow, on the other hand, should be a fun day. Not only do I get to play at the Halloween party, but I get to meet the Rejection Queen. That is very cool....Together we can drown our sorrows and plot revenge against the publishing industry. Look out world :) Ooooohhhhh!
RAK? I don't think I have one for today. Hmmmm. Nope. Should I just give up on that goal? I really want to prove that I'm a nice person who is not self-absorbed. That may require brain surgery.
Hey, I haven't done a quote for the day in a while..... I'll go look for one. Hang on.

"Bullies are always cowards at heart." ~ Anna Julia Cooper

There. Take that you oversized meany man.

1 comment:

The Rejection Queen said...

Yup. I'm already up and ready lol