Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 106, Did I mention I'm on vacation?

Men! Ya gotta love them! What are we gonna do with them? What in the world would we do without them? The answers to those two questions vary depending on the cycles of the moon, the time of day, the seasons, the amount of food in their (and our) stomachs, and whether or not the sun is shining. Sometimes I look at men and all I see are little boys in big boy bodies. On those days, I just think they are all so adorable...some mother's little boy forever. And then there are other days... days when they are little aliens sent to seek out and destroy all life forms on the planet, particularly those that are different than them. But mostly, I just think they are the world's most fascinating creatures. Even when they have dirty diapers (and let's face it, men do sometimes,) they are still fascinating creations, albeit spoiled ones. You can almost always guess what kind of mother a man had by how he reacts when he doesn't get his way. In a creepy way, women have no one to blame for the behaviors of men, but themselves---because we are the mothers. And everyone knows that it is always the mother's fault :)
Okay, in all fairness to our esteemed and adored opposite sex, (and I truly do adore them,) women are just as psycho, we are just far less interesting to watch.....in my opinion (which  nobody asked for.) I suppose you can tell what kind of father a woman had by the way she reacts when she doesn't get her way. Hmm. Deja-vu.
It boils down to this: Fathers and mothers are to be blamed for all the neurotic weirdness that we possess. I knew it!
Ah, but I still gotta love those men! And I do not mean that in a gutter-girl sort of way, I mean it in all sincerity. My  husband is one of the most intriguing men I've ever met. He makes me angrier than a "cat on a hot tin roof" one minute, and then, with the twitch of his lips or the touch of his hand, I turn to putty. He is irresistable and annoying all at the same time. One minute he is absolutely clueless when it comes to women, and the next minute he is the only one who understands.
A very wise woman once told me that men are quite simple to understand---it all boils down to three things: food, sex, and money (and the order of importance varies depending on their mood at the moment.) While there is a great deal of wisdom and truth in that claim, I think there is one very critical factor missing,,,, I call it the control continuum. Understanding where they fit on that continuum can be critical to maintaining peace and balance. And guess what? They slide around on that continuum on a daily basis. The needs of a man may indeed be quite simple, but figuring out where they are on the control continuum at any given moment can be quite challenging and complex. A lot of it has to do with what hat they are wearing at the moment---lover, provider, fix-it man, father, son, brother, etc. So much for simplicity.

So what's my point? I will stick with my opening statement:  Men! Ya gotta love them!

I don't want to live in a world without them ;)

No comments: