Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 105, Girl Time

There's a new moon out tonight.... Okay, not literally,,, but for millions of teenage girls (and millions of moms of teenage girls,) it's not the position of the moon that's important. The latest in the Twilight Saga hit the theaters with quite a splash. I admit, my good friend Judi and I donned our Twilight t-shirts and spent the afternoon watching New Moon. Did we feel silly? Yep. Did we care? Nope. It was fun, and the movie was surprisingly much better than the first one. I loved the special effects with the wolves, they were super cool. Bella still spends the majority of the movie with that brooding expression on her face, but it is eclipsed (no pun intended, hee hee,) by the rest of the cast and the movement of the story. The kid playing Jacob did a fantastic job in the role, I was worried he wouldn't be able to pull it off, but he was quite believable in the part. I'm still waiting for a chisled, marble set of abs on Edward, but, oh well, maybe next time. Okay, here's a confession,,, I actually saw it twice today. Once with Judi, and then again with daughter Ellen. Can I call that 2nd trip to the theatre my RAK for the day? After all, I did it for my daughter (wink wink.)
I love girl time :)

What else? Taylor started putting up the Christmas lights. Somehow that just seems unnatural when it's 80 degrees outside.

Nothing to report on the book front.... it's far too quiet for comfort. I am reading it again, and I'm frustrated because I still think it's a good story. I still love Jonathan as a leading man (sorry Edward,) and I still enjoy Beth's interactions with the other characters, particularly her cousin Carl. Sigh. It's not perfect, but for pete's sake, it is as good as so many books that are on the market. Whimper whimper. Hey, literary agents..... READ MY BOOK for love of carbonomics@!
Okay, that's my whine for the night. There is always self-publishing, right? Why am I so scared to go down that road? I suppose it feels like admitting defeat, and I can't stand that.

Dang...it's 11:59 again. I better post before the clock strikes midnight. Where does the time go? It's the curse of vacation :)

Oops... missed it by this much ;) It still counts...I so declare!

No comments: