Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 89, The Big Hand-Off

Met the Rejection Queen this morning at Starbucks, and we swapped manuscripts. I have already started reading her book... ah ha... lucky me. I'm honored, truly. However, I pulled a stupendous act of dorkness, one I will laugh about ... later. It was a combination of losing both my mind and my memory at the same time....A sure sign that 50 is on the horizon for me. Growl.
So I was sitting there, laughing, thoroughly enjoying our visit, and then I noticed my watch. 11:15. I panicked; I promised Ron I'd be home by 11, (I am notorious for keeping him waiting.) So, the Rejection Queen and I said a quick goodbye, and I hopped in my car to head for home. That's when I experienced a time warp--for reals. 10:18. That's what the clock said. For a thousand fleeting micro-seconds, I saw the past week flash before my eyes. Okay...think...time change....change the clocks....you didn't change your car clock....but wait....then I would have been late for work everyday....Didn't Ellen change the clock?...Wait.... time changed backward not forward.....that doesn't make sense....Um.... . Uh..... Mmmmm..... OH FREAK! You have GOT to be kidding me! What a freaking DORK! I never changed my watch.... so YAH,,, DUH.... It's not 11:18. I'm not late. And I just made an enormous fool out of myself. No wonder the Rejection Queen looked at me like I had lost my marbles.
It gets worse. I actually.... actually....totally forgot my good friend, Judi's birthday a couple weeks ago. Sign me up for Idiots Anonymous. I love you Judi. I promise we will have a make up birthday luncheon very soon.
Hmmm what other trouble can I possibly get myself into? I'll work on it. Meanwhile....... There is Jane. She is holding on, and the doctors remain optimistic about her recovery. Ryan and Jen can't wait to bring their baby girl home. Those of you who are parents, can you imagine not being able to hold your own baby? Wow! Hang in there guys.... Soon she will be home and in your arms where she belongs.

No comments: