Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 90, Cherry Petrified Puke Pie

Say goodbye to yet another weekend. Sigh.
So much for grading all those papers I brought home.... Traveling papers. They travel between home and school every day... but they never get graded. Gonna have to do something about that at some point; grades are due next week! But it won't be this week, I can almost guarantee. I have bigger fish to fry---and it's all top secret! Stealth :) Way to go Rejection Queen.

Jane is finally stirring. She remains on the breathing machine, and doctors are working to keep her blood pressure and heart beat normal, but all in all, she is doing well. What a blessing she is from God. I know that she will impact the lives of everyone in our family in a powerful way. No doubt she has a mission to fulfill here.
Speaking of missions, Jesse Eichelberger is home from his. He looks fantastic, and very happy. What a great guy! He will make some lucky girl a great husband some day. I can't wait to hear his welcome home talk in a couple weeks.

RAK? I tried today. Truly. I decided to bake my mom a homemade cherry pie (her favorite.) I did everything according to the recipe, and for once I got my pie crust right! Trouble is, the insides of the pie are horrid! "Like two cats fighting!" As my dad would say :) Don't know how I could possibly mess up the filling..... it's a really simple recipe, but I managed. It's like chewing gum... .mixed with pie crust. Ew! Gross! Like lumpy gravy... like cold potatoes... like warm milk that's been sitting out waay too long.... like chewy clams..... Do you get my point? It's just NOT RIGHT! Even my husband had a difficult time eating it (and he'll eat anything :) It's like giving your dog a mouth full of peanut butter---ever done that? It's hysterical. Anyhow, that's what makes my mom's phone call this evening so incredibly funny----"Oh honey, there's not a THING wrong with your pie. It's perfect. And your crust came out just great!" Ah Mom! Ya gotta love her :)

Planet "M"? Back to the grind tomorrow. Let's see, this week it's Pangaea and sea floor spreading. So let me ask you... If the sea-floor is spreading, then does that mean our world is getting larger?

No comments: