Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day 113, Happy Birthday to me ;)

One year older and wiser too.... Happy Birthday.... to you! I received an amazing number of birthday greetings and wishes this year! Wow.. that was super cool! Thank you everyone! Ron and I actually celebrated on Sunday...with the king crab boil (YUM!) and chocolate cake..... then tonight Ron made another one of  my faavorite dinners. What a guy!
Today I discovered that I can attach my IPOD to my home theatre surround sound system in my classroom. That was waaaay awesome! Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? I even learned (thanks to RaeLo) how to download music onto my IPOD... I've only had it a year... it was time :) So.... either you CAN teach an old dog new tricks... or I'm really not that old! Either way.... I win :)
I see where Raechel did her top ten worst Christmas songs ever.... so I thought I'd include a few of my own here.... I apologize in advance if I am about to ick someone's wow. Here we go (No particular order):
1) Feliz Navidad (it was fun the first 5 million times I heard it....now it's just annoying.)
2) Ave Maria...(I mean, really..... it's a beautiful piece of music.... but some people just should NOT try to sing it! Why does every  Tom, Dick and Jane think they need to include it on their CD?)
3) Santa Baby.... GRRRR The worst part is, even though I hate it, I find myself singing along! AAAHHHRRRR
4) Baby It's Cold Outside.... not bad when Dean Martin does it... but no one else should try.
5) Sleigh Ride.... Sorry, I know it's a holiday favorite... but sooooooo over done. I can almost tolerate Henry Mancini's version.
6) All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth.... Oh come on! You must be joking! I don't know a person a live who is missing their front teeth that doesn't want something else for Christmas!
7) The 12 Days of Christmas..... do I need to justify this one?
8) The Chipmunk Song..... Okay... If I want to listen to them, I'll rent the cartoon.

That's it for now... If I think of a couple more, I'll add them tomorrow. How about you? What are your least favorite Christmas songs?

Here are some of my favorites:  White Christmas, Silver Bells, The Little Drummer Boy, Winter Wonderland, Blue Christmas, Jingle Bell  Rock, What Child is This?, O Holy Night, Silent Night, Do You Hear What I Hear? For Unto Us a Child is Born.....
That's just the beginning ;)
Time for bed..... Hmmmm I'm sitting on the floor in front of the fireplace,,, and I am 98% certain that I smell cat pee somewhere in the room. Great!

No comments: