Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 115, Eating crow

Looks like my "post-a-day for 365 days" perfect record has gone into the pooper.
Day 114, may it rest in peace. Moment of silent please.
I shall blame it on being one year older, and instead of beating myself up for missing a day, I will just consider it my birthday gift to myself.
Tonight we drove down to visit Jane Ellen (yeah yeah, and Ryan and Jen too....) Jane is such a doll. It is difficult to think of the battle she faces... but man, is she ever a trooper! It is so nice to have her home.

Last night we had our Christmas dinner for the ladies at church. We created our own version of  "My Favorite Things," and sang our top 5 holiday songs. It was such a relaxing evening, and a great opportunity to fellowship with the girls. Lots of food, lots of goodies, lots of music, and a room full of "sisters" all out to welcome in the yuletide season. It was amazing to look out over the room and think about the many lives that those sisters have touched over the years. I truly love them.

RAK? I made cookies and took them to my team at work. I know, campy, huh? Well, I gotta start somewhere.

I haven't heard from you yet on your top 10 worst holiday songs. I'm waiting. I have one to add to my list...."Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer." I don't 'know about you.... but I loved my grandma... and everytime I hear this song, I get mad. Everyone should have a grandma like I did. She was the most amazing woman I have ever known.

No comments: