Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 132, All wrapped up and no place to go

Well, the title may be  deceiving... I am far from having things wrapped up for Christmas, but I feel like I'm wrapped up in so many "things" that I don't know where to turn next. I'm certain I'm not alone. They write self-help books for people like me. Problem is, we are too busy to read them.

Thanks to some encouragement and help from Raechel, I finally started wrapping presents today. Hey,,, there is something under my tree! Yeah! I love having Raechel home. Christmas is always great with her here.

Speaking of Christmas....if you ever take a trip over to the rejection queen's blog, then you may have heard that she has been uncordially "un-invited" to her family's Christmas this year. I can't even begin to understand or relate to family dynamics of that type, but I suppose it takes all kinds. She has been invited to spend Christmas with our family.... dysfunctional as we may be at times. Funny how things happen sometimes. Hmm.

Enjoyed the Christmas program at church today...and enjoyed having Ron with me.

RAK? Can't think of anything. Sad, eh? And it's Christmas for Heaven's sake.... I should be RAKing every day!! Happy Holiday greetings, drop-by visits and goodies.... anything to put a smile on someone else's face. Well, I made cookies tonight, and shared them with Ron...He smiled. Truth is, the cookies will be for sharing with others... so in a round-about way, they count as an RAK.
After careful analysis, we've (Raechel,  Ron and I) decided there are no true RAKs without a reward attached. The simple act of doing something kind for someone else, no matter how seemingly insignificant or small, benefits the giver and makes them feel good inside. That's a reward, true, but it is also a high motivator, which makes RAK's seem almost selfish because we get so much out of them ourselves. Interesting, eh?

Five days till Christmas!

No comments: