Monday, December 28, 2009

Day 140, And a partridge in a pear tree

Before I begin... let's have a big "Ahhhhhhh" moment with baby Jane. Here she is snug as a little bug...getting ready to ring in a new year. Little baby has no clue what the new year will have in store for her.... But then, none of us do, really, if you think about it.

Took down the tree today---interestingly enough, my husband was far more motivated in the "UN-decorating" than he was in the decorating. Hmmm. We didn't stop with the tree .... Nope.... We took it all down! Some say that it's bad luck to do this before New Year's.... but last year I decided to make this my new tradition. There is something very satisfying about beginning the New Year with a clean house, the Christmas clutter tucked safely away, and the knowledge that the daunting task of putting away the decorations no longer hangs over your head. Next, will be convincing my Mom to allow me to do her decorations before New Year's too. She's a bit of a tough cookie to crack. I suppose she has that right...she is 85 years old.

I already heard back from the publisher who requested my full manuscript. That is a little scary. In her e-mail, she states that several of them have read my book.... that is either very cool, or very suspicious. I mailed the hard copy last Monday. Anyhow, the Editor-in-Chief sent me an e-mail asking about the sequel. She didn't mention if they liked the book, so obviously I'm now on pins and needles. Please say a little prayer on behalf of my book. I need all the divine intervention I can get. :) How exciting would that be, huh? Imagine beginning the new year with a publishing contract! Wow! I can handle that!

Are you still thinking about your New Year's resolutions?

Oh yeah... Had my first mammogram today. What a joke. Here I've been putting it off for nearly ten years because of all the horror stories about how horrible they are, and it was nothing. Seriously. Nothing. I wasn't even the least bit uncomfortable. What in the heck is all the hype? Either I have amazingly tough boobies, or there are a lot of whiney women out there. Jeepers, my boobs see more action during...... hmmm.... never mind. I'll keep that thought to myself (wink wink.) Besides, don't want anyone throwing up in their mouth.

1 comment:

The Rejection Queen said...

Holy shit! I knew it. Didn't I tell you? That is a good sign. You are totally going to get a contract.