Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day 145, "My Own True Love"

How does a warm-blooded American husband and wife spend a quiet evening alone---with no children around? They watch Gone With the Wind, of course. Who says my husband isn't a romantic at heart? Hmmm. Truly, there is simply no parallel for that story. Every time I watch the movie, I want to rewrite the second half and change the ending. Guess that is a sign it was a well-written story.

I have a confession to make. I already blew my resolution to lay off the caffeine. I was strong as I meandered down the aisles of the grocery store this afternoon, and no matter how badly I wanted to put those cute little bottled cokes in my basket, I did not cave! But then, my dad and I pulled into the drive-up at Del Taco and what did I order? Crunchy classic taco, small french fries, and a coke. Dang it! I blew more than one resolution with that order. And I gotta tell you.... drinking that coke was like a shot of heroine to a junky (NOT that I would know what that's like,,,, I can only imagine.) So, as you can see, it appears I have my work cut out for me. Apparently, I have a little problem with self control. Who knew?

Twenty-five pounds to lose----It ain't gonna happen eating Del Taco and drinking coke. Darn it! Oh,,, and probably not eating See's candy either. Uh hem.... yep, I'm a sucker for nuts and chews. Pathetic!

But, in the words of Scarlett O'Hara, "I can't think about that now. I'll think about that tomorrow...... after all, tomorrow is another day!" 

Maybe tomorrow I will make it through the day without caffeine.

I DID do something nice today---an RAK if you will. I spent my last official day of vacation taking down my parents' Christmas tree and decorations. Yeah, yeah, I know.... there was something in it for me. Let's face it, I did not want the chore hanging over my head when I go back to work on Monday....so I get  peace of mind out of the deal.... Truly, I could have waited until next weekend and I would have had plenty of help, but I knew it would mean a lot to my mom and dad to have it done. That is why I am counting it as an RAK.

I vow to drink more water. That was random... but necessary.

No comments: