Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 146, The end of something beautiful

Before I complain about the end of my vacation,,,, take a look at these two cuties. Meet Kieran and Kaden...They are grandchildren from the other line of Morgans. Isn't Kieran just a doll? Everytime I see a picture of her, I just want to scoop her up and squeeze her. She's at such a fun age! Wish they lived closer to us.


Now... On to the boo-hoos.....

It's official. Vacation is over. May I have a moment of silence please? Okay, I don't expect any sympathy; I realize I'm quite fortunate to have holiday vacations. Sigh. That said, if there are any of you who think these vacations are not well-deserved, I challenge you to face 180 teenagers for 7 hours a day, 5 days a week....and then tell me that teachers don't need time to regroup and rest. I'm not in the least bit back in teacher mode yet....In fact, I have no clue what we will do tomorrow... But, I am confident that the moment I arrive, the gears will switch instantly....and once the students arrive, it's as natural as breathing. It's the greatest career on the planet.... UNLESS you expect to make money. Let's not talk about the money... I choose to focus on the positive aspects to teaching----the students.

Resolutions? Not too great today. No caffeine, but I managed to pound down some sugar. It's going to take some time to change my habits....and to curb my sweet tooth. ... and mindless munchies.

RAKs? I'm afraid there are none today. It's not like I didn't do anything nice, I just didn't do anything nice without getting something out of it myself. Ron gets the RAK today...he made a great, healthy dinner for us. I didn't have to do anything :) What a guy, eh?

Planet "M"----returns tomorrow.

Quote of the day---returns tomorrow. I know you are holding your breath and counting the minutes for both.

No comments: