Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 159, "First Date to Chosen Mate"

Yep. This weekend began the big ones....the football games that simply cannot be missed. While I normally enjoy watching these "big" games with Ron, today I took on the role of the Football Widow, and had ladies day (& night) out with the girls. We went and saw "Leap Year." The scenery alone made the movie worth watching....and I absolutely love when I can see a movie with no bad language and no violence. Naturally, there is the customary throw-up scene---can't seem to escape that in movies these days---but in spite of that, I enjoyed the experience. Slow-paced, predictable, and very cliche'....and still it was wonderfully warm and romantic. It left me asking myself the question..... "What would I do in my 60 seconds of decision?" Hmmm.

Whenever I watch a romance, I think back on my first kiss with Ron. ... a kiss that according to him (at the time,) made his knees buckle. And so I found the perfect quote tonight:

"~ The decision to kiss for the first time is the most crucial in any love story. It changes the relationship of two people much more strongly than even the final surrender; because this kiss already has within it that surrender." ~ Emil Ludwig


Don't you just love the first kiss in a movie? It's my favorite part..... The only thing better is experiencing it firsthand. Ahhhhh! Memories!

No comments: