Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 160, On Any Given Sunday

Today was a day for the unexpected. At Stake Conference, we were supposed to have a satellite broadcast from General Authorities in Salt Lake City. As the Stake President put it.... it was supposed to be a no-brainer. We do satellite broadcasts all the time. But come show-time, there was no picture, so they had to wing the whole program on the fly. Turns out, it was quite a conference; the Spirit was strong throughout the meeting. President Osborne called up several people to speak on the spot, and then he and his counselor delivered inspired messages. It was an uplifting experience to be sure. Where else on the planet could you ask adults to deliver a talk in front of a few thousand people...with absolutely no forethought or preparation....and end up with polished and inspired messages? That is proof that Revelation is alive and well in the Church. It is great to part of a living church.

In sports, you know, those big games I mentioned in yesterday's blog.... Dallas seemed to lay down and play dead...then boohoo'd about losing so badly. Then the San Diego Chargers gave it up to the NY Jets. Didn't see that coming...I don't think anybody did.

Our dogs even were part of the unexpected---I took them for a long walk today. Ron is usually the dog-walker, so when he puts on his shoes the dogs dance and holler. When I put on my walking shoes, the dogs ignore me. They didn't even dance when I showed them their leashes. They're so cute ;)

And here's something else "unexpected" --- I did an RAK today. It was a small one, but it felt good to know that there are some kind tendencies inside me. Hey, I'm trying. That counts for something, doesn't it?

Haven't heard from the Rejection Queen in a while....I'm dying to know how things went on her big date weekend.

Still no word from the publisher. Sadly, that wasn't unexpected. But I shall keep the faith and continue to look forward, believing in my heart that the best is yet to come. Jeffrey R. Holland said it. I believe it.

1 comment:

The Rejection Queen said...

Email me or call me if you want to know. Everything was just bliss until I had to take him to the airport. I'm really depressed right now.